Lately, we shared how to root Moto G4 Plus on Android Nougat. Moto G4 Plus is one of the first non-Nexus devices to receive the Android 7.0 Nougat update.
Now if you are facing any issues on Android Nougat or missing your old Android Marshmallow then we have a trick to get back to it.
While it’s officially not possible to downgrade your device back to Marshmallow but a senior XDA member has found a way to deal with the situation.
Let’s know the way to downgrade your Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Android Marshmallow.
Downgrade Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Android Marshmallow
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may end up bricking your device. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you to first take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery juice left to prevent the unexpected shutdown in between the process.
- Download Moto G4 Stock Marshmallow Firmware.
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Extract the firmware file to the ADB and fastboot installation directory.
- Now go to ADB and fastboot installation directory and open the command window there by pressing shift + right click anywhere in that folder.
- Now Reboot your phone into Bootloader mode by turning it off and press and hold Power + Volume Down.
- Now flash system partition and boot image by executing the following commands one by one. (If you are using mfastboot then type ‘mfastboot‘ instead of ‘fastboot‘).
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot erase userdata
That’s all! You’ve successfully downgraded your Moto G4 Plus from Android Nougat to Android Marshmallow. If you have any doubts or queries then feel free to post comments below.