Change is the part of life and getting pimples and acne is one of them. It’s not your fault that you have acne on your face or anywhere on your body. But once you know the cure, it’s your fault if you don’t get rid of your problem on time. Earlier we discussed some of the best drinks to fight pimples and today we are going to discuss the same about acne so that you can get a clear acne free skin.
Acne, pimples, blackheads, and bumps are all siblings. It starts when greasy secretions from the skin’s sebaceous glands or oil glands clog the tiny openings for hair follicles. Now let’s find out what are the causes of acne.
What causes acne?
There is no single reason why we get acne. There are multiple reasons for that. Let’s discuss them one by one and see which one is responsible for your visit here today 😉
One of the most common reasons is the hormonal change in the body. Your body goes through this change during puberty. During puberty, both male and female body produce high levels of androgens. Androgens signal the body to make more sebum which is the oil produced in the skin’s oil glands.
There’s a reason why parents often tell teens to stay away from any kind of junk food. These foods are only good for taste. They are not that good for overall health plus they play an important role in causing acne. Even any kind of high-carbohydrate diet can aggravate acne.
Stress doesn’t have any direct role in causing acne. However, a stressed mind produces an imbalanced amount of hormones including androgens that are specifically responsible for causing acne and blackheads. So whenever you get any pimples of acne, don’t stress about it as it may aggravate them even more.
Some cosmetics and skin care products clog your skin pores. This clogging of pores is the foundation of any kind of acne, pimple, or blackhead. So always read the list of ingredients in your cosmetic products and choose those which have water listed on the list.
Now we hope you’ve figured out
DRINKS TO GET ACNE FREE SKIN
Staying hydrated is the key. After all, your body is 60% water, so it’s no surprise you need to drink enough water to optimize physical processes. Drinking water is also key to consuming the correct amount of daily calories.
We often mistake hunger for thirst, so when in doubt drink water first. Water is the foundation of healthy and clear skin, so aim for 8 glasses of water every day.
Health benefits of water
- Improves skin complexion by keeping it moisturized.
- Water keeps your skin fresh, soft, glowing, smooth and acts as the best anti-aging treatment.
- It promotes weight loss by removing by-products of fat and raises your metabolism.
- Water boosts your immune system and helps fight against flu, cancer, and other ailments like heart attacks.
- Flushes out toxins to help you get rid of body wastes through sweat and urination.
- Prevents constipation and digestive problems.
- Water acts as a natural remedy for aches by relieving the muscles. It also helps in preventing headaches, migraines, and back pains too.
Green tea contains the most powerful antioxidants around. It boasts catechins that combat free radicals. It makes skin clear and acne proof. Green tea is a budget cure for skin and overall body problems due to a high amount of antioxidants.
Add at least one cup of green tea to your daily schedule. The best time to have it is in the evening because green tea also helps you in fighting stress and rejuvenate your mind with new work spirit.
Health benefits of green tea
- Green tea contains a lot of antioxidants and bioactive compounds that are good for improving health.
- According to a research, compounds in the green tea improve brain function, hence, green tea makes you smarter.
- Green tea improves physical performance by increasing fat burning.
- Antioxidants in the green tea may lower the risk of some types of cancer.
- Green tea is highly useful for elderly people as it protects the brain by lowering the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Green tea kills mouth bacteria which improves your dental health.
- Type 2 Diabetes is a critical condition and green tea may lower your risk of reaching it.
- Green Tea reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- It helps you burn fat which in turns help you lose weight.
Oat milk is high in fiber, lactose-free and is particularly high in vitamin E and folic acid, which supports healthy skin and makes it a great milk alternative.
Some of the health benefits of Oat Milk
- Oat milk is highly nutritious. Oat milk contains 10 minerals and 15 vitamins.
- Oat milk is extremely low in fat. One serving of oat milk contains only 2.5g of fat, and it has no saturated fat at all.
- Oat milk contains an important nutrient called beta-glucan which is a soluble fiber that strengthens the immune system
Matcha Tea is made from specially grown green tea. This drink is full of antioxidants which helps counteract the sebum oxidation that occurs pre-acne formation. Antioxidants rich diet also help to reduce signs of inflammation. Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than traditional green tea.
Some of the health benefits of Matcha Tea
- Matcha tea contains a class of antioxidants called catechins.
- Matcha is high in a catechin called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which is believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body.
- Matcha tea helps to prevent heart disease and type 2 diabetes and cancer.
- It even encourages weight loss.
FOODS TO GET ACNE FREE SKIN
Sweet potatoes are phenomenal sources of vitamin A, a nutrient better known by its skincare moniker, retinol and an even better treat for your skin.
Prescribed by master skin shamans as the remedy for acne, retinol, a derivative of vitamin A revs up cell renewal to reveal a bright, scaleless new you.
Some of the health benefits of Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of B6 vitamins, which are brilliant at breaking down homocysteine, a substance that contributes to the hardening of blood vessels and arteries.
- Sweet potatoes’ potassium content is also helpful for your heart, as it lowers blood pressure by maintaining fluid balance.
- Sweet potatoes help in controlling blood sugar and maintaining energy.
- Sweet potatoes contain magnesium, which is the best mineral for destressing. It promotes relaxation, calmness and a good mood.
- Sweet potatoes have Vitamin A may help protect against sun damage.
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber, which helps the body maintain a healthy digestive tract and regulates digestion.
Green Leafy Vegetables
Proponents recommend beets, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, kale, lettuce, onions, peas, peppers, and spinach because they balance body’s pH. It’s not rocket science, the more vegetables you incorporate into your diet, the clearer your skin and the healthier your body.
Some of the health benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables
- Green leafy vegetables are high in Antioxidants which are good for building your body’s natural defenses.
- Green leafy vegetables are full of minerals.
- Green leafy vegetables are a natural source of fiber. This prevents sharp rises in blood glucose.
- Green leafy vegetables improve your metabolism and maintain the production of red blood cells.
- Green leafy vegetables act as an edible sun protection. It makes your body’s natural defenses stronger and protects it against sun damage.
- Green leafy vegetables are a great source of folate which contributes to serotonin production and lifts your mood.
The Vitamin E contained in almonds helps guard your cells against free radicals. Pollution and harmful bacteria are examples of free radicals. Combined with the natural sebaceous oils produced from your pores, the combination can result in pimples, blackheads, and even whiteheads.
Antioxidant-rich foods like almonds help keep free radicals at bay.
Some of the health benefits of Almonds
- Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrients.
- Almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants.
- Almonds are high in Vitamin E, which protects your cell membranes from damage.
- Almonds help control your blood sugar.
- Almonds lower Cholesterol levels.
Dark chocolate is the healthiest kind of chocolate you can try. It’s relatively low in sugar and depending on the kind, contains very little to no dairy.
It also contains zinc that is another acne-fighting nutrient. Happily, it’s also delicious, so go ahead and treat yourself.
Some of the health benefits of Dark Chocolates
- Dark Chocolate contains a decent amount of soluble fiber and is loaded with minerals.
- Dark Chocolate is a powerful source of Antioxidants.
- Dark Chocolate improves blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Dark Chocolate may lower the risk of Cardiovascular Disease.
- Dark Chocolate improves brain function.
They might stain your fingers, but the skin-clearing properties of beetroots are well worth the effort. The purple roots are particularly high in vitamin A, as well as potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E, which is essential for epidermal health and healing. Combined, these nutrients make a powerful all-around body cleanser, helping to eliminate toxins from the body and lower cholesterol too.
Each kernel of pumpkin seed is high in vitamin E, zinc, and omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, making them a good veggie skin clearing substitute.
Cottage Cheese / Paneer
For a high-protein, selenium-packed, skin clearing boost, consider introducing cottage cheese into your diet. Try adding a few spoons to a jacket sweet potato and serving with broccoli and spinach for a seriously skin-nourishing meal.
You can blame your mom, your soap, and your school or work stress for your acne even after knowing that it is curable. But ultimately, you should blame yourself. It’s in your hands to take care of your skin. You’re the one to make your skin glow like a celebrity’s or dull with blemishes and acne. As we discussed above, the secret behind a clear skin is not revolutionary. In fact, a simple, healthy diet is the key to acne-free skin.
Also, it’s also not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ i.e. a diet that works for a friend may not suit you perfectly, so it’s up to you to experiment to find the perfect healthy balance for your own skin type and body. Moderation, patience, and discipline are the key to carving out the best meal plan to lead to beautiful, healthy, clear skin.