You can unlock Bootloader of your device, root it, install custom firmware/ROMs, tweak device with mods, and much more. The thing to note here is that everything we just mentioned is only possible when your device is connected to your PC first through ADB or Fastboot. Connectivity over ADB or Fastboot requires some drivers.
So, today we will share with you how you can install USB drivers for Nexus and Pixel devices on your Windows computer.
Install Google Nexus & Pixel USB Drivers on Windows
- Download Google USB driver from the link below.
- Extract/unzip the downloaded file to a separate folder on your PC.
- Turn on USB debugging from developer options and connect your device to PC.
- Open “Device manager” on your computer.
- Find your device name from the list of devices.
- Right-click on it and select “Update driver software”. If it’s not visible directly, look under Other devices list.
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, then hit the “Browse” button and select the folder where you extracted the latest_usb_driver_windows.zip file in Step 2 above.
- Keep the “Include subfolders” checkbox ticked and hit “Next” button to begin driver installation.
- If Windows asks for your permission to install the driver, accept it.
That’s all! Now you are ready to go. Connect your Nexus or Pixel device to your computer and start modding it in the way you want.
Featured image source – Greenbot
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.